Not all of these turned into boyfriends but I do have a knack for meeting men in some of the oddest places. Just goes to show, you never know.
Weird that, except for middle school and graduate school, I haven’t met any men through a book-related activity – library, bookstore, writing class. Obviously, I was always too busy with the books or writing to be looking at any men.
The oddest by far was meeting a man in the Trader Joe’s bread aisle. We went for coffee next door and dated for three months.
I broke up with him during a date and his next sentence was, “Do you have any friends you can set me up with?”
Obviously, I let a good one go.
In chronological order
- Middle school English class – Riverside
- Future Business Leaders of America conference – San Bernardino
- Party in a hotel room – Hawaii
- Sorority/fraternity exchange – Los Angeles
- Summer barbecue – Irvine
- Bread aisle of Trader Joe’s – Sacramento
- Charity event I was in charge of – Sacramento
- Blind date – San Francisco
- Acting class – San Francisco
- Graduate school – Vermont
- At a restaurant near Au Lapin Agile – Paris, France
- Trivia night at a bar (he was the trivia master) – San Francisco
- At work – San Francisco
- Playing soccer – San Francisco
- Super Bowl party – San Francisco